Monday, February 20, 2012

Reflection, Meditation and Relaxation . . .

So here I am, Day 39! I'm writing this at about quarter past nine in the morning from my bed on the fourth floor of the Bayview on the Park Hotel. I decided to take these last couple of days of my fast to spend alone in quiet reflection and contemplation, meditation and relaxation. I was originally planning to go camping again but that was not possible so, instead, I opted for camping in comfort, and thus, find myself here on this overcast, Melbourne morning gazing out my window at the beautiful trees of Albert Park. 

I managed to get a better nights sleep last night than I have achieved for quite a while and awoke quite refreshed at 5:30 a.m. I spent some quiet time listening to Miles Davis "'Round Midnight" and watching the commuters on Queens Road making their way to their office cubicles in the dark, being exceptionally grateful and appreciative of my good life that affords me the time to choose to do the things I wish for my family and the people that depend on me and myself. So many do not have such good fortune. 

I then took advantage of the hotel facilities and had a morning swim and spar and am now back relaxing in my room, catching up on my blog and planning my day. Life is Good.

Here now, is a video I made last night, cheers to you all and good health!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment