Sunday, January 22, 2012

Immunity . . . well, nearly.


Ok, today I went shopping. Anyway, after grabbing the couple of things I needed, and having a bit of a stroll around, I thought I'd go wander through the food court to see how I'd react.


And, I have to say, even I am surprised at how impassive I have become to the tantalising looks and smells in such an emporium of edible overload. Even the sushi bar (LOVE sushi) with all those perfectly formed rolls all arrayed like seaweed soldiers on parade only held slight appeal for it's symmetrical beauty (I'm Libran, I enjoy order apparently) and not for it's gastronomic potential.


I did find however, that one smell that I have previously enjoyed has suddenly become quite repulsive to me. I have always enjoyed a good BBQ and a succulent roast (although since the kids came along the eating of these particular delights has become a reasonably rare occasion) but now, in my fasting state, I found the smell of roasted meat actually made me feel slightly ill.


Although, I admit that one particular alluring aroma did get through and give me pause . . .



Pretty sure I must have Indian in me somewhere . . . aaaaggggghhhhhhh . . . doubt I'll ever loose a hankerin' for the food of the eastern subcontinent.

Oh, there was one other sight that really caught my attention (as it always has) and I could feel those old tugs to walk straight in and order a taste or several . . .


But, that was all it was, an old habit that I am very aware of and so I took a photo instead and walked out. Mission accomplished.

After my morning experiment I came home, watched "Detroit Rock City" as recommended by a certain band I am working with at present (yes, very amusing fellas) and then took my shirt off for some sun and mowed the back lawn. The sun and exercise have left me with a feeling of slightly tired wellbeing and, over all, I am feeling stronger, more energetic, more alert today than at anytime possibly even in the last 3 months!

P.S. This sight was by far the most tempting . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment