Monday, January 2, 2012

The Plan

So, it's Monday evening and I have just re-watched my second video for this blog. It is a strange thing to watch yourself calmly speak of things that cause such a range of emotions inside you. I notice the uncomfortable eye flickers when I speak about revealing my dilemma to my partner, I notice how after the three drinks I have already had when I recorded the video this afternoon how I am already not speaking as clearly as I should. I notice the flashes of pain, hurt, shame, fear as they pass across my face in milliseconds. I also notice the determination, love for my family, gratefulness to my partner, humility in my present reality in my face, and it is these that give me assurance I have the will, and the reasons, to fulfill my ambition for this coming adventure.

When I told some of the people around me about "the plan" a number of them asked if I would consider video blogging my journey. After consideration I agreed and this is what brings us together here.

My vision for this blog, above all, is that it is as honest a representation of my journey as I can possibly stand. This means I will not be editing, I will not be "producing" great looking little advertisements for myself, and, I will not be censoring myself. I will be merely pressing record on my iphone or my laptop and then uploading to here. This, to me, seems to be the only production value worth adhering to if I am going to produce something that maybe helpful or of service to others or even of interest to you.

The other thing that occurred to me was that this can be a helpful and powerful instrument of discipline and I will have you to motivate me and keep me focussed. You can let me know when you believe I am not fulfilling my undertaking to myself, my family and to you. So, here we are. And here's "The Plan".

2 comments:

  1. Naturally I don't see the subtleties of your personal fear or pain or guilt.....but what I do see is calm determination.
    Kudos to you Glenn and to those closest to you for arriving at this point with a plan and the will to succeed.
    Thank you for being willing to share the journey.....I have no doubt you will succeed and in doing so you will inspire and motivate many others.
    Very best wishes,
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doing something, little, every day is greater than the sum of our greatest attempts to be grand. This Blog is the little thing you do each day. It has, interestingly, the subtext of being the vehicle through which you carry yourself and your dreams for change.

    Honesty is damn sexy btw.

    ReplyDelete